Breaking News

Beady Eye Talk About New Songs














“There’s a lot more magic”

The songs on Be, in Beady Eye’s words

1. Flick Of The Finger

Liam: “We had to go first with it. I get a bit of an I Wanna Be Adored vibe.”

Andy: “To me, it’s a Gimme Shelter moment.”

2. Soul Love

Liam: “This started as a Songbird-y thing, but I changed it the night before we recorded it.”

3. Face The Crowd

Liam: “Face The Crowd is just f*cking…”

Gem: “…a banger.”

4. Second Bite Of The Apple

Liam: “This is the one Sitek changed the most… There’s a lot more magic on this album.”

5. Soon Come Tomorrow

Andy: “One of my tunes, a bit of a quieter, slower thing.”

Liam: “Great tune. Hendrix-y.”

6. Iz Rite

Liam: “The Beatles on E.”

7. I’m Just Saying

Andy: “Anyone longing for a bit of Morning Glory-era Oasis, this is for them.”

8. Don’t Brother Me

Liam: “It’s a beautiful f*cking song and I like the title. I didn’t want to change it.”

9. Shine A Light

Andy: “The intro to this we called ‘the Scarface bit’: like an old black-and-white movie. Very dramatic.”

10. Ballroom Figured

Liam: “It’s a bit Marley to me: Redemption Song. Beautiful.”

11. Start Anew

Andy: “My favourite vocal on the album. It’s an epic: starts off as an acoustic tune then ends up like Neil Young in Boca Juniors’ stadium, in 35C heat, with fireworks going off.”

Source www.shortlist.com

No comments