Breaking News

Teenage Musician Plays Gig With Liam Gallagher















A teenage musician became a ‘Rock ‘n’ Roll Star’ after he performed an impromptu gig with his idol - Liam Gallagher.

The former Oasis frontman has spent time in the Accrington area this week, shooting a video with his new band Beady Eye.

Keen guitarist and singer Reece Bibby, 14, heard that one of the locations used by the band was the Canine Club on Abbey Street.

He was in such a hurry to meet the star that he grabbed his guitar, but not his coat, when he left his home on Marlborough Road.

He said: “I love Oasis and Beady Eye so had been waiting for a couple of hours outside the club. I only had a t-shirt on and had started shivering.

“A woman who was with her daughter wrapped me in a pink blanket from her car and took a picture which the band must have seen, because a couple of minutes later someone came out and said Liam wanted to see me.

“I was shown inside and taken upstairs to the group’s dressing room.

“Liam hugged me and asked me why I wasn’t wearing a coat. He then saw my guitar and said ‘do you know any Oasis songs?’.”

It was then that Reece became the envy of thousands of musicians worldwide, performing perhaps Liam’s best-known song with the man himself.

“I started strumming the opening chords of Wonderwall,” he said. “My hands were freezing and shaking but I know the chords well. I couldn’t believe it when he started singing the opening line. I got goosebumps.

“He sang the verses and I joined in the choruses. It was amazing.”

Liam then signed Reece’s acoustic guitar and handed him his pair of Mosley Tribe designer sunglasses.

Reece said: “He told me to believe in myself and that as a musician I should listen to the sounds all around me. It was just surreal.”

With that, Reece, a Hollins Technology College pupil returned home to dad Jamie, 35, mum Lyndsey, 32 and 13-year-old sister Lexie.

Reece, performs a mixture of his own songs and cover versions and will be playing at the Victoria pub, Accrington on May 4.

Click here to see the pictures.

Source: www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk

No comments