6 May 2013

Blue M&M Nearly Kills Liam Gallagher

Liam Gallagher has put his constitution to the test with a rock ’n’ roll lifestyle stretching back to his teenage years.

But the Beady Eye star has received his first serious glimpse of the Pearly Gates after a blue M&M sent him crashing into anaphylactic shock last month.

Liam has been diagnosed with the life-threatening nut allergy after suffering a reaction to his favourite sweets while staying in a hotel on tour.

And now the former Oasis man has to carry a special injection with him everywhere he goes in case a rogue nut creeps into his system.

Speaking at the launch of The Red House restaurant in south-west London, he said: “I’ve done some stuff over the years but never, never did I think a f****** blue M&M would be the thing that could have killed me. I was in a hotel on holiday and got in about the mini bar.

“I was bored and hungry, so it’s what you do, man. I’ve always liked M&Ms so I got into them. I had a blue one.

“My mouth started to swell up and I could feel it tightening my throat, man. I had to go to the docs and get it checked out straight away.

“It happened again a couple of weeks after and now I’ve got to carry a syringe about with me in case of emergencies. Proper Pete Doherty gear.”

The singer was out on the town to support his Pretty Green clothing business partner Chris Jonns, who has opened a new top-notch restaurant and bar near the King’s Road. Beady Eye are about to release second album, BE, which he is itching to get out and tour.

Liam was drinking with brother-in-law Liam Howlett from The Prodigy, Hurts’ singer Theo Hutchcraft, rappers Rizzle Kicks and The Libertines hero Carl Barrat.

Liam’s missus Nicole Appleton, her sister Natalie and fellow All Saint Shaznay Lewis were on the lash too.

The night ended in The Box club in Soho in the wee small hours.

Luckily it’s not the kind of venue to leave peanuts out for the punters...

Source: www.thesun.co.uk


Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More