Breaking News

Liam Gallagher On How His Song Writing Has Progressed Since Oasis And More














Beady Eye interview excerpt from Clash Magazine.

Clash Magazine: How do you think your own song writing has progressed since your initial forays with Oasis?

Liam: Yeah, it's getting better, man. I mean, it's like anything: if you keep practicing... You'll never master the art of song writing, and I don't want to. I'd say I'm a part-time songwriter -1 can sing anyone's songs, you know what I mean? But yeah, I'm obviously getting a little bit better. I'm not much of a wordsmith. I tend to go with the first thing that comes down; I just write it and hopefully it has a bit of a root to it. Sometimes it means absolute jack shit and then you listen back to it... Like with 'Don't Brother Me'; you go, 'Oh, right' - I didn't intentionally go out and write a song about our kid, you know what I mean? It just happened.

It's a cleverly passive/ aggressive song.

Liam: Yeah. It's not that malicious, you know what I mean? There are a couple of little [digs] in there. Like, he's going on about if he had a gun and all this shit, and it's  like, "Did you shoot your gun?" But there's nothing! malicious, man. It could be a lot worse.

But you've got to be prepared for people asking you about it?

Liam: Yeah man, without a doubt. I wouldn't have put it out unless... If| people ask me a question, they're always gonna get a fuckin' honest answer. But I don't care anyway; he's been writing songs about me all his fuckin' life.

Do you prefer to air your feelings in your music rather than keep them private?

Liam: Yeah, but he knows my feelings. Everyone knows my feelings, I'm not shy with that. I love our kid - as in the Noel that's not in a band and not in the music business and not all that bullshit that people see he is. But the band Noel? The fuckin' geezer that's in the band? I fuckin' absolutely fuckin' despise [him]. And I guess he feels the same way. But if you speak to him, he'll probably go: "Yeah, I know; I hate both the cunts'. But yeah, I love our kid when he's not surrounded by the bullshit.

Clash Magazine is on sale now.

No comments