Breaking News

Liam Gallagher Says Stone Roses Fans Should Expect Them 'To Be On Fire' In Glasgow Today














Liam Gallagher says the Stone Roses will light up the stage with their talent when they play Scotland today.

Beady Eye star Liam rolled out of Glasgow yesterday after playing an in-store show and a signing session for hundreds of fans at Glasgow’s HMV on Wednesday night.

His departure from the city coincides with the arrivals of his pals the Stone Roses, who play their headline show at Glasgow Green today.

Though Liam won’t be at today’s massive outdoor gig because his band are appearing on tonight’s televised The Voice semi-final, he says Scots will be in for ­something special as the Stone Roses return.

“I’ve seen the Roses a lot,” Liam told the Razz.

“We’ve got a gig with them in Japan.

“I’ve seen them in Dubai and I’ve seen them about 10 times since they got back.

“I don’t want that to be Stone Roses on tap.

“They are a special band. They mean a lot to me so I can’t go see them every time they play.

“I don’t want it to be the norm. I want it to stay special.

“They are a mega-band. They have mega songs and when they are on fire, like any band, they can move you.”

The Stone Roses’ return to Glasgow Green is the second time they have played there after a 1990 show to 10,000 fans which has gone down in rock history.

Also playing in the run up to their headline slot are the View, Jake Bugg and veteran rockers Primal Scream.

And former Oasis singer Liam recalled how being a fan of the Stone Roses inspired him to get involved in making music in the first place.

He said: “I knew by looking at the Roses and the bands I liked there was more depth to making music than being recognised in the street or buying a fast car or taking drugs and that.

“It was deeper than that. I tried to do that with our kid and our band.”

He told how he hd to miss the Roses show in order perform on the The Voice with Beady Eye.

Liam, whose band are back with an album called Be, said: “I’m heading back. What have I got to do? We’ve got to do The Voice tomorrow night.

“As much as I’d like to see the Roses, I’ve got to do my own thing.

“It’s far more ­important.

“The Voice is The Voice.

“I’ll be getting on there and I won’t be licking a***.

“I’ll be doing exactly what I do, whether it is that or Jools Holland’s ­supercool show. I’m just doing it.”

But Liam will return with Beady Eye for a show at ­Glasgow’s ABC next Saturday.

Source: www.dailyrecord.co.uk

No comments