Breaking News

Bonehead On Liam Gallagher Reunion: 'It Was Like We'd Never Been Apart'














Bonehead, the guitarist who left Oasis during the making of 'Standing On The Shoulder Of Giants' in 1999, says playing with Liam last Friday (October 18) felt as if they'd never been apart.

The estranged bandmates reunited for a one-off performance at A Night For Jon Brookes, the tribute to the late Charlatans drummer, who died of brain cancer in August.

Speaking to NME, Bonehead – real name Paul Arthurs – said: "[Liam and I] said beforehand 'This is going to be weird,' but once I plugged my amp in it was as if we'd never been apart. I've matured and Liam’s more professional too… Liam seemed the same Liam. He looked great and sang great."

The performance has naturally sparked further talk of a fully-fledged Oasis comeback, but Bonehead has mixed feelings. “If someone asked me to play Glastonbury next year, I’d do it for nothing, but I think it’d be too soon, really. Oasis have only just split up.”

Bonehead said he harboured no resentment towards Oasis after leaving the group. "I didn’t miss Oasis after I left, as we hit great heights during my time. I stayed in the background as a fan, going to their gigs," he said. The guitarist now plays in the duo Parlour Flames.

At the charity event, organised by The Charlatans, Liam's Beady Eye played Oasis tracks 'Live Forever' and 'Columbia' with Bonehead on guitar. He was filling in for guitarist Gem Archer, who is recovering from a fractured skull.

To read more from Bonehead, pick up a copy of this week's NME, on newsstands now and available digitally.

Source: www.nme.com

No comments