Breaking News

Bonehead On The Definitely Maybe Re-Release














It’s been two decades since Oasis forged the soundtrack to a generation with all-conquering debut Definitely Maybe.

The sound of The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Slade and The Stone Roses rolled into one glorious masterpiece is being rereleased this week.

Noel and Liam Gallagher haven’t been overly excited by the reissue but one former member was well up for it.

Ex-Oasis guitarist Paul “Bonehead” Arthurs told me: “I was really excited when I heard it was going to happen.

“The masters arrived at my house and it was the first time in years that I’ve sat down and listened to it from start to finish.

“It really brought back tons of memories and feelings.”

Part of the album’s success was finding the right producers, says Paul, 48.

He said: “We struggled at first, and I think we had the wrong producer and the wrong studio and the wrong approach to recording.

“Then we went to Sawmills and Mark Coyle, our front-of-house engineer, properly understood how we worked and got us down as a live band. It sounded like us and we got it right.

“We captured a feeling and our sound.”

Bonehead has his favourite moments from the album.

He said: “I might not think of a song for a while and then I’ll hear Rock ’n’ Roll Star or something, but broadly it’s Slide Away.

“I think it’s the most passionate vocal Liam’s ever done.” Bonehead quit the band in 1999 but he has no regrets.

He said: “It wasn’t a decision I came to overnight, I thought about it for ages.”

But he has got lots of memorabilia to reflect on those days.

He laughed: “I’ve got the fire surround, the chair, the ornaments, ash trays, all sorts from the album cover.”

Source: www.dailystar.co.uk

Check out the current collection and offers from Pretty Green here

No comments