Breaking News

Noel Gallagher Dismisses Oasis Glastonbury Reunion














Noel Gallagher has said he would love to headline Glastonbury, but laughed off rumours of an Oasis reunion for the famous festival.

The musician, who has announced the release of a new album and single, said his old band "never really got on with" the event despite playing it several times.

Speaking to fans at Facebook's London office, he said: "I'd be up for doing it, I'm going regardless."

Asked if any of the new songs would appear in a setlist of an Oasis reunion, he said: "What reunion set? Am I missing something out here?"

Earlier this year, his brother Liam sparked rumours the band were getting back together with a series of cryptic tweets that led one bookmaker to suspend betting on the band playing the Somerset festival.

Oasis, who split in 2009 when Noel walked out, had dozens of hits including Wonderwall and Little by Little in a career lasting more than a decade.

Noel's new album, Chasing Yesterday, will be released in March with the first single, In the Heat of the Moment, out next month.

The star revealed one of the tracks, Lock All the Doors, had taken him 23 years to write.

He said: "I gave a bit of it away to the Chemical Brothers in the nineties when we did Setting Sun and I always meant to finish it off.

"I kept the chorus but I could never find a way of getting the verse to tie in with this chorus and one afternoon I was coming out of the Tesco Metro where I live in Maida Vale and I don't know what it was it just hit me coming round the corner."

Source: www.harrogateadvertiser.co.uk

Check out the current collection and offers from Pretty Green here.

No comments