Breaking News

Noel Gallagher Responds To Liam's Westlife Jibe














Noel Gallagher has responded to his brother Liam's taunt that he looks like a member of Westlife by saying that he doesn't mind as long as he doesn't look like Louis Walsh.

Back in 2011, Liam told music magazine Q, “Noel said we had a year to come up with a band name and came up with Beady Eye. He had three and came up with the High Flying Turds. I don’t know who dressed him but he looks like something out of Westlife.”

Speaking to Jenny Greene and former Westlife member Nicky Byrne on 2fm earlier today, Noel said: "Our Liam said that? Which member of Westlife? I'm trying to remember all your little faces - as long as it's not Louis Walsh!"

Inevitably, Noel, who releases Chasing Yesterday, the second album with High Flying Birds, next March, was also asked if constant rumours about an Oasis reunion annoy him.

"It annoys me about as much as when I'm introduced to people as Liam, which happens on a regular basis so it's just part of my life now. I just have to answer questions about it every day.

"I was a party the other night and loads of posh people were going, `Liam! How are you doing?' It's a common occurrence but there is no Oasis reunion. It's annoying when some people refer to it as `the Oasis reunion' as if it's some kind of definite thing that's going to happen. It's not on the cards."

Noel added: "It's got nothing to do with my brother. Creatively, I don't think I could take a backward step now. It's got nothing to do with Liam. Me and Liam are well beyond that now. It's not like I wouldn't do it because of our kid, we're on good terms.

"At the minute from where I sit now it's purely a creative thing. I really, really enjoy where I am with my music and where I am with my band and my thing when I take it on tour. I wouldn't be willing to give that up for anything."

However, asked if he'd rather wear a Manchester United shirt or reform Oasis, Noel said: "I'd rather reform Oasis than wear a Man Utd shirt. I wouldn't do that, not even if I was mentally disturbed."

Source: www.rte.ie

Check out the current collection and offers from Pretty Green here.

No comments