Breaking News

Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds Announce New Album And Tour Dates And Says He's Up For Glastonbury














Album will be released in March 2015 and features Johnny Marr on closing track

The album will be released on March 2, 2015 under the name of Noel Gallagher & The High Flying Birds. The details were announced during a Facebook Q&A in London earlier today (October 13).

In addition to the album, details of a UK arena tour were also announced with dates in London, Manchester, Glasgow, Nottingham and Belfast. Scroll down for full details.

Johnny Marr performs on the closing track, which will be the second single from the album. "He's a very enthusiastic artist and I tried to get him to play on 'What A Life', Gallagher said. "He's a truly great guitarist and he has something that nobody else has. He's amazing, a top man."

Confirming details of 'Chasing Yesterday', Gallagher said: "I've never been involved in two successful albums in a row. After '…Morning Glory?', we [Oasis] blew the one after that."

The lead single from 'Chasing Yesterday' will be 'In The Heat Of The Moment'. Speaking about the song, Noel said: "The first single was the last track to be recorded. It's called 'In The Heat Of The Moment'. Is it great? Of course it is. What does it mean, it doesn't mean anything."

The album was self-produced after Gallagher's regular producer, Dave Sardy, was unavailable to work on the record. "I enjoyed the freedom of it but not the responsibility," Noel said. "I'm used to asking people, 'What are we doing today?' and then people were asking me that question. I finished it the day after the World Cup final. I finished it early, I've been sitting on it a while, it's been burning a hole in my pocket."

The Q&A was then handed over to fans in the audience with Gallagher immediately asked about the chances of him performing songs from 'Chasing Yesterday' when Oasis perform. Noel's answer was a simple: "What reunion?"

Another fan asked about how long it takes him to write songs, to which Gallagher confirmed that album track 'Lock All The Doors' has taken 23 years to finish. "I always meant to finish it off, I kept the chorus but I could never find a way of getting the verses and chorus to tie up. One day I was coming out of Tesco Metro in Maida Vale, where I live, and it just came to me. The song is from 1993 but the chorus was so fucking brilliant I never forgot it."

The subject of U2 and their free album 'Songs Of Innocence' also came up. Would Noel ever give an album away for free? "No, my records cost too much to be giving away for free," he said. "If anything, I want to put the prices of my records up."

Similarly, Noel expressed an interest in performing at Glastonbury. "If I was asked, yeah. I was there all three days this year, I didn't see a single band. I watched it all on iPlayer when I got home. If you're listening Michael Eavis, I'll do it."

Noel Gallagher will play:

Belfast, Odyssey Arena (March 3)
Dublin, 3 Arena (4)
Nottingham, Capital FM Arena (6)
Glasgow, The SSE Hydro (7)
Manchester, Arena, (9)
London, O2 Arena (10)

Source: www.nme.com

Check out the current collection and offers from Pretty Green here.

No comments