Breaking News

Noel Gallagher Criticises Russell Brand And The Public's Unwillingness To Pay For Albums














Noel Gallagher has discussed Russell Brand's political views in a new video interview.

Speaking to Noisey, the former Oasis singer addresses Brand's recent assertions that a revolution is coming and that people should abstain from voting for current political parties.

"Well, I love Russell but he don't half talk out of his arse sometimes," Gallagher says in the clip. "His fine, muscular, pert arse. He does talk a load of shit. I couldn't see him overthrowing a table of drinks. Do you think he's going to put himself in charge? Hmm, I wonder."

He adds: "I was out with him the other night and he says it with a straight face. 'There is going to be a revolution.' And I'm like, 'Fucking hell, mate, give us a shout when you're going down The Mall with your pitchforks and that, I'll come and serenade you with my loot before we eat the Queen. He says, 'Come on mate, back us' and I'm like, 'If you make me the Duke Of Manchester then I'm in'."

Noel also criticises the general public's attitude to music in the modern age and how they are unwilling to pay for albums, comparing the lifespan of a record to that of an overpriced coffee.

"It infuriates me that people are more willing to sit in a coffee shop and spend a tenner on two coffees, talking about the weather with their friends, and that coffee will last 45 minutes, yet they will physically get angry at you for asking them to buy an album for a tenner that will last a lifetime and might tell you about yourself and might even change your life," he says. "It's a strange moment we're in where people are willing to spend money on shit."

Source: www.nme.com

Check out the current collection and offers from Pretty Green here.

No comments