Breaking News

Noel Gallagher On Playing Live With Johnny Marr And More














Noel Gallagher has revealed that he was hungover during his recent live performance with Johnny Marr at the O2 Brixton Academy in London last month.

Gallagher had joined Marr on stage during his headline set, performing 'How Soon Is Now' and a cover of Iggy Pop's 'Lust For Life'.

The former Oasis guitarist took part in a Q&A session for XFM radio station yesterday evening (November 3) at the Hammersmith Club in London. Grilled by a panel of interviewers which included Manic Street Preachers bassist Nicky Wire, Gallagher discussed his new LP, which is set for release on March 2 next year (2015), plus his recent live team-up with the former Smiths guitarist.

"I don’t think I've ever been so fucking hungover on stage in all my life," he said. "I was getting a back rub from his wife about two minutes before going on stage. If somebody had come up to me and said 'You don't have to do this' I would have been, like, 'Fucking, yes'. It was my wife's birthday the night before and we'd smashed the arse out of it. I forgot I was playing with him. I promised him because he played on my record. He said 'Get up and do 'How Soon Is Now'' and then he drops another song on me on the day. But I did it because I'm a fucking trooper."

"I'd never played 'Lust For Life' before. You forget that you know all the words to it. 'How Soon Is Now' drags on a bit though, doesn't it?"

Gallagher also claimed that Marr has played a pivotal role in his life and career, a fact that he says is often overlooked because of his relationship with his brother and fellow Oasis member, Liam.

Elsewhere during the discussion, Gallagher also revealed how he first met Marr. "During the acid house craze in the late 80s I'd bump into this guy in the Hacienda: didn't know his name or who he was. And we weren't friends, we were just on nodding terms. One day, I bought The The album 'Dusk', which he [Marr] played on. And I bump into this guy I recognize from the Hacienda. He asked me what I bought and he said 'Oh, our kid plays on that.' I said 'Who's your kid?' And he said 'Johnny Marr'. I was like 'Wow'. I told him I was in a band and he said 'Give us a cassette and I'll give it to a kid.' Within an hour, Johnny had called me. And I was a nobody – nobody was into our band, bar the five people in it and a few hangers-on. That was it. But he was on the phone saying 'Ah, I think this is great.' So in many ways he was the first ever fan. Two days later I go for a drink with him. He asked where I get my guitars from. 'Guitars? Guitars? I'll tell you where I got my one guitar from."

Gallagher's upcoming record 'Chasing Yesterday' will be his second solo studio album and features his new single 'In The Heat Of The Moment'. Marr features on the track 'The Ballad Of Mighty I'.

Source: www.nme.com

Check out the current collection and offers from Pretty Green here.

No comments