Breaking News

Noel Gallagher On Epiphone, Gibson And Stratocaster Guitars














Taken from a interview with Dutch magazine 'OOR' that is on sale now, thanks to General Dread for the translation.

If you live outside the Netherlands you can buy the magazine from here.

Interviewer: Epiphone or Gibson?

Noel: Now Gibson of course. If you can afford them you don’t want anything else, there’s nothing better. I started with an Epiphone because they were cheap and they look a lot like a Gibson. You saved two thirds on the price and that’s a lot when you've got nothing. I’ve never really parted with Epiphone, I’ve still got all my old Epiphones, the guitar on which I wrote Rock ‘n Roll star… Just like my old records, they have emotional value.

Interviewer: I've never seen you with a Stratocaster

Noel: Luck may have it, I just got one. Maybe I’ll take it on the road. It’s one of those things you try and they’re pretty good. In Oasis I played a pink Telecaster for a while, I still have that one. It’s been painted, it now has a classic yellow/white just like Springsteen. I didn't do it myself obviously, can you see me painting a guitar? I didn't like the colour, but it was a great little guitar, I couldn't let it go.

No comments