Breaking News

Noel Gallagher On His New Album 'Chasing Yesterday'













Noel Gallagher has said that his new album 'Chasing Yesterday' is full of "songs that make you kind of punch in the air while crying a little bit".

The description of the record, which is released on March 2, features in a list of 10 things to know about 'Chasing Yesterday' which features in this week's issue of NME, which is on newsstands now and available digitally.

Speaking about the album, Gallagher said that triumphant yet emotional songs are what he feels "most comfortable writing". He added: "It's the Irish in me, that's what we do. We're never happy. We rage joy. Even 'Some Might Say', for instance, is a very melancholic Irish kind of anthem."

Gallagher also said that he had to recruit Johnny Marr to appear on 'Ballad of The Mighty I' because he doesn't have "the funk" like Marr does. "I tried to get him on the last record because there's a bit in 'AKA...What A Life!' that I thought needed a bit of funk, and he's got the funk, but he couldn't do it, so I had to do it. And I was embarrassed doing it because I haven't got the funk."

Source: www.nme.com

Check out the current collection and offers from Pretty Green here.

No comments