Breaking News

Noel Gallagher On 'Never Mind The Bollocks'













Noel Gallagher has spoken to the current issue of Q about the Sex Pistols 'Never Mind The Bollocks' album.

He said "Well, it changed everybody's life. When I see these Top 100 LPs lists I think it really should be number 1 for many, many reasons. The main one being that if that album and that band hadn't happened you wouldn't be doing what you're doing now. I wouldn't be doing what I'm doing . The person that signed me wouldn't be doing what he was doing and your editor, he wouldn't be doing what he's doing now. They gave a shot in the arm to the youth. And on top that, if you listen to it now it sounds like it was recorded tomorrow. It bring back excellent memories for me of learning to swear. I remember I had to buy it on tape to hide it from my mum because of all the swearing. Their social impact and all that, I was a bit too young to be honest, but what a f*cking great band!"

He added "That 'Definitely Maybe' is even mentioned in the same bracket as 'Never Mind The Bollocks' is staggeringly flattering. If you're looking at a young person's life, both records are equidistant, 'Never Mind The Bollocks' is the angst of the '70s and 'Definitely Maybe' is the joy of being on the dole in the '90s. They both fall from the same tree, for sure."


Check out the current collection and offers from Pretty Green here.

No comments