Breaking News

Noel Gallagher On The Title Of His New Album 'Chasing Yesterday'













Noel Gallagher has been speaking about the name of his new album 'Chasing Yesterday' that is released on March 2.

In an interview with the Manchester Evening News he said “Dreadful, isn’t it? Let me explain how this has come about.”

A women from his label told him ‘We need a title by three o’clock cos it’s going up on iTunes for pre-order’, “I said, ‘What time is it now?’, and she said ten past one.

“I scanned the lyrics to pick something out and there’s a line that in the context of the song is about somebody saying to somebody else, we should stop chasing yesterday and look to the future, man.

“But I didn’t realise until I’d seen it on its own, ‘Hmm, it doesn’t scream joy to me’. But I blame it on a really ******** heavy tequila hangover I had. I called them up and asked if there was any chance I could change it; they said no, it’s already gone.

He added “In my defence I will say this: it’s only a title, and titles are not important because you would have to go a ******* long way to find something worse than (What’s The Story) Morning Glory?.”

If this album has a weak point, then its title can be the only culprit. Mainly because it implies a hint of nostalgia - something Noel says he still doesn’t have (“I’ll watch the History channel,” he laughs, “but I don’t hark back to the good old days because I prefer living in the now. There’s only two important days in the week and that’s today and tomorrow.”).

An extended interview with Noel is in the latest edition of CityLife, inside Friday's M.E.N.

Noel Gallagher and the High Flying Birds are playing Manchester Arena on March 9. Tickets are still on sale, priced £35-£70.

Check out the current collection and offers from Pretty Green here.

No comments