Breaking News

Noel Gallagher Calls Ed Sheeran "A F*cking Dude"













Noel Gallagher has said that Ed Sheeran is the only person to ever tell him they did not want to play a gig for Teenage Cancer Trust.

However, he added that most artists who did not want to take part in the charity event that he curated in 2013 initially said yes, but then got their agents to pull out of the gigs for them. Sheeran then agreed to take part the following year.

"You'll be there on the phone listening to someone blatantly lying to you. People say they can do it and then get their publicist to call up later and say, 'Oh we can't do it now, he thinks his cat's gonna have a stroke that particular afternoon'. You’re there, cajoling, with some cunt who plays a banjo about whether they're gonna turn up," said Gallagher in an interview which features in this week's issue of NME.

Discussing Sheeran, Gallagher commented: "The only one fucking person that has ever ever ever said 'I can't do it, I just got back from Australia I can’t be fucking arsed man, I'm fucked, but I will definitely do it next year' and I crossed his name off the list was Ed Sheeran! He actually called me back, you know what I mean, he said, 'Right I'm ready now, I wanna do it', and I thought, 'You know what, what a fucking dude'."

Noel Gallagher recently jumped to Ed Sheeran's defence after previously criticising the singer, stating "I won't hear a word said against him". Speaking to NME earlier this year, Gallagher remarked that he couldn't live in a world where Ed Sheeran headlines Wembley. But in an interview with Shortlist, the Oasis man revealed he'd had a change of heart about the pop star, mainly because Sheeran followed up on his word to appear at Gallagher's Teenage Cancer Trust concert at the Royal Albert Hall. "The only person that has ever said that and called me back the next year is Ed Sheeran. And I thought, 'You know what, you'll do for me man.'" He added: "He's a good lad and I won't have a word said against him."

Previously asked by NME if he'll be going to Sheeran's Wembley Stadium gigs, which Sheeran offered him tickets to, Gallagher said: "No no, they're for my daughter. She'll be going and drinking his champagne and possibly playing Top Trumps with James Blunt in the dressing room afterwards. I've given her a list of people to insult while she's there."

Noel Gallagher's new album 'Chasing Yesterday' is Number One in the Official Album Chart and has been confirmed as the fastest-selling album of 2015 so far. The album was released last week (March 2). Official Chart Company data reveals that the album had 89,000 combined sales, including 1,700 streams that now count toward the final chart position.

Gallagher is Number One ahead of Sam Smith's 'In The Lonely Hour' and Ed Sheeran's 'X' as well as the albums by George Ezra and Royal Blood.

Source: www.nme.com

Check out the current collection and offers from Pretty Green here

No comments