Breaking News

Noel Gallagher On Meeting Paul McCartney













Noel Gallagher doesn't strike you as the type to get starstruck, does he?

Well, the High Flying Birds frontman was certainly a little in awe when he met Sir Paul McCartney for the first time back in 1994.

Reflecting on the experience, Gallagher told BBC Radio 6 Music that McCartney is a "proper geezer", adding that he was invited into the Beatle's meditation bubble in his back garden.

On how he came to be at the McCartney household, he said: "Someone called my flat and said, 'Stella's having a party, do you want to come across?' But they didn't tell me McCartney was going to be there because they thought I might freak out.

"We went to his gaff and Twiggy answered the door. We went in through the doorway and in this room on the left dancing to Desmond Dekker and 'Israelites' was Paul McCartney.

"He said, 'Hey man, great to meet you', and I happened to have a brown suede jacket on that looked very reminiscent of the cover of Rubber Soul. I had longish hair and he said, 'You look like a Beatle', and I said, 'So do you'."

Gallagher said that he had a "great night" with the 'Live and Let Die' singer, adding: "He took me down to the bottom of his garden where he's got this big meditation bubble. Me and him got in and he pressed this button and the bed goes up into a tinier bubble.

"He's an amazing dude - [so] warm, open and brilliant... He's a proper geezer man, I love him."



Source: www.digitalspy.co.uk

Check out the current collection and offers from Pretty Green here.

No comments