Breaking News

Noel Gallagher On The Last Days Of Oasis And The Rivalry With His Brother














Noel Gallagher has discussed the last days of Oasis and the intense rivalry with his brother.

In a new interview with Noisey, writer Jon Doran asks Noel Gallagher about Wibbling Rivalry (a recording of Oasis having an argument from 1994) which prompts the songwriter to remember the last days of Oasis. "If I think back to it now....my argument is 'Be a cunt all you want... but let's do the gig first and then be a fucking dick'. His argument is 'I'm just being a dick all the time'. Repeat endlessly until fucking 2009."

Gallagher remembers that on a number of occasions he would be left to appease audience members during Oasis performances. "I remember countless gigs where three songs in he'd just pop his fucking headphones out and just get off. You'd be doing a guitar solo and you'd get to the end of the song and think 'It's not that mad for him just to disappear during the guitar solo and not sing the rest of the song - he's obviously gone back to fix his sunglasses or something'.

"Then you'd just go 'Where's Liam gone?' He's got off. What do you mean he's got off? He's got a sore throat.  What a cunt. Then you've got to go out and say in English to a perplexed Japanese people...  'I know you don't understand what I'm fucking saying but what' I'm saying is the singer has got off' [applause]. 'So I'm going to have to sing the rest of the song' [applause]. And then you start singing and they're all like 'What the fuck is going on here? Where's the singer gone?'"
Noel added: "I could never forgive him for that. Ever."

Source: www.gigwise.com

Check out the current collection and offers from Pretty Green here.

No comments