Breaking News

Noel Gallagher Doesn’t Like ‘Childish’ Aussies














Oasis guitarist Noel Gallagher has hit out at the attitude of Australians in the midst of a thrilling Ashes cricket series.

Michael Clarke’s side were in deep trouble at stumps on day one of the third Test against England at Edgbaston after being bowled out for just 136.

In response, England were 3-133 at the end of the day’s play and eyeing off a significant first-innings lead.

In a wide-ranging interview with radio station Talksport in England, Gallagher took the chance to aim fire at Australians.

“I don’t watch a lot of cricket … but I watch the Ashes,” Gallagher said.

“The Australians are so childish. Have you ever been to Australia? Fascinating place … it’s full of Australians.

“I was watching local TV news once and I thought I was watching ‘Monty Python’ … They were showing a Wellington [boot] throwing competition.”

Gallagher, of course, is no stranger to criticising Aussies, famously ranting about the Socceroos in 2006 and admitting he wanted to slap Tim Cahill.

“Stick to the Aussie rules and the tennis and the cricket and the rugby – you are good at that,” Gallagher told AAP.

“Football is the game of the intelligentsia and you are s**t at it. You will never win anything so give it up.

“What do they call them, the Socceroos? Do me a f**king favour, you could come up with a better nickname than that.

“I don’t know, there is something about him [Cahill]. I would love to kick him right in the bo**ocks.
“He has just got one of those faces. Don’t you find his face really slappable? I can assure you, lots of people in England do.”

Source: thenewdaily.com.au

Check out the current collection and offers from Pretty Green here.

No comments