Breaking News

Noel Gallagher On T In The Park, Oasis, Kanye West, Coldplay, Primal Scream, David Guetta And More













Festival veteran Gallagher will close this year's T in the Park on Sunday and has been as outspoken as ever ahead of his trip north.

Noel Gallagher is likely to be disappointed in Saturday’s main stage headliner at T in the Park – because he thought Avicii was the name of his local restaurant.

Noel’s band High Flying Birds will close Scotland’s biggest music festival on Sunday’s main stage.
But he had never heard of the Swedish superstar DJ who’ll take that spot 24 hours before him.
“You can have Avicii, whoever that is,” Noel said. “All I’ve heard is his name.

“I thought it was a restaurant around where I live if I’m being honest. Is it a band or is it a guy? Is it like a David Guetta thing? I mean, holy s**tballs. I’m just glad I won’t be there to see that.”

The former Oasis rocker also joked the picturesque Strathallan site could be transformed into something resembling a warzone by the time he closes the festival on Sunday night.

“It’s going to be like World War I by the time I get there,” he said.
“But I’m looking forward to it.

“T in the Park is f***ing great.

“I love that festival.”

The British rock legend, who is married to Edinburgh-born PR boss Sara MacDonald, played the first ever T in the Park with Oasis back in 1994, in the King Tut’s Wah Wah Hut tent.

Oasis returned to headline the main stage in 2002 and a decade later Noel made his T debut with his own band, High Flying Birds.

He also surprised fans when he joined Paul Weller on the main stage in 2001.

“I’ve seen some great gigs there including Stereophonics,” Noel said.

“I went up there once to hang out with Sara for the weekend when she was working at the festival.

“I remember being with Sara watching Coldplay and the two of us looking at each other and thinking, that band are going to be f***ing massive.

“Paul Weller was doing his acoustic thing.

“He blagged me to get up and do a few songs with him.

“The two of us were f**ing roaring drunk onstage. It was funny.”

He added: “A music festival nowadays reflects everybody’s iPod. You look and ask yourself, is this line up on shuffle or what?

“It doesn’t make any sense, but that’s the modern world.

“In the 60s, everybody was of a certain way of thinking.

“Now musical thought is so fragmented.”

Noel, 48, will be playing songs from both the self-titled High Flying Birds album and follow-up Chasing Yesterday, as well as solo material and choice tracks from his time with Oasis.

Looking back on the music scene when Oasis first played T in the Park, he said: “It’s wrong to say it was better then.

“It’s just this generational thing, though, I thought it was better than.

“Then again I was better then and I was younger then.

“When we were young we were a lot cooler than this generation, let’s put it that way.

“You and I are roughly the same age and the people we liked or that we were brought up listening to, like Joy Division, New Order, Morrissey, Mark E. Smith and Paul Weller, were influenced by people who were also great and slowly but surely the world has watered it down.

“Forget this generation, they’re lost.

“Imagine the next generation. Can you? I can’t.

“I’d rather not.

“My 15-year old daughter, there’s hope for her.

“She asked me about the Stone Roses the other day.

“But my two sons? Lord knows what nonsense they’ll be into.”

Noel believes the problem stems from record companies having too much control.

He added: “Everybody now is signed to major label and they all pander to the radio and everybody sounds the same on the radio.

“Alternative thinking is disappearing. It’s a sad day when people tell me I’m so outspoken and controversial.

“Why, for stating the f***ing obvious?

“There won’t be another music revolution because commerce and big business doesn’t allow revolution.

“It likes the same, the same, the same – Taylor Swift.

“Taylor Swift will still be going in 20 years but she’ll be called something else.

“She won’t be going. It’ll be someone else. But there will never be another Oasis, I can tell you that.
“Never in a million years.

“Five lads from a council estate who wanted to be as big as the Beatles and were big enough to say it. Never.”

NOEL ON KANYE WEST

“He’s nearly as good as me in interviews, but he takes himself too seriously. I’ve never met the guy, right, and Lord knows what he’s like. But I like him. His music is not what I would listen to though I do like Black Skinhead.
“That’s a f***ing great track.”

NOEL ON PRIMAL SCREAM

“If we go back a generation, Bobby Gillespie and Andrew Innes weren’t trying to do something different.
“They were different themselves.
“They were different people with alternative thought.
“Bobby is always trying to be as good as his heroes.
“So is Innes and Andrew Weatherall.”

NOEL ON BEING AN ELDER STATESMAN OF ROCK

“Do I feel it?
“No, I don’t feel like an elder statesman.
“I’m not the elder statesman as long as Paul Weller is around.
“He’s elder than me.
“Print that. He’ll f**ing hate that.
“I feel like I’m just starting off, if anything.
“I know I have a better set of songs to choose from than, say, George Ezra, but I’ve only put my second album out. So I don’t feel anything like that.”
Source: www.dailyrecord.co.uk

Check out the current collection and offers from Pretty Green here.

No comments