Breaking News

Hear A School Choir Sing Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds 'The Girl With The X-Ray Eyes'














"It's been a great opportunity to have my songs reworked by people whose own work I am a huge fan of...I have found the whole thing hugely inspiring" - Noel Gallagher

'Where The City Meets The Sky: Chasing Yesterday: The Remixes’ is out today! Featuring selected album tracks reworked by the likes of Beyond The Wizard's Sleeve, Andrew Weatherall, Psychemagik, 3D from Massive Attack and more...

The coloured vinyl is only available via Noel's Store here.

Also available digitally here.

Noel asked David Holmes to remix 'The Girl With The X-Ray Eyes' and when he received it back he absolutely loved it... David organised a local school choir to re-sing the vocals. Many thanks to the The St Michael's School Project.

Listen here!

David Holmes explains how the track came about: "When I first heard 'The Girl With The X Ray Eyes' I immediately heard the influence of David Bowie's 'Space Oddity' which made me think of another great version by the Langley School's Project...after listening to the lyrics on repeat for a few hours I thought they had a real picture book sensibility so I called my daughter's primary school choir. The kids rehearsed for 5 days and I stopped by and recorded it in their assembly hall."

Check out the current collection and offers from Pretty Green here.

No comments