Breaking News

Noel Gallagher Admits He Loathes The England Football Team












Even though the former Oasis star was born and raised in Manchester, he insists he feels Roy Hodgson's men are "always a good laugh".

Football fan Noel Gallagher has said he loathes the England team so much he always supports the opposition.

Even though the former Oasis star was born and raised in Manchester, he insists he feels Roy Hodgson's men are "always a good laugh".

Speaking on US radio the 47-year-old went on to mock suggestions the team are world beaters after their recent 3-2 win over Germany while admitting he loathes all internationals who play for Manchester United and especially Wayne Rooney.

Noel blasted: "I am not a fan of the English team .

"I find the whole circus surrounding it annoying, that when they beat Germany in a friendly they are world beaters, but we all know Germany will win that trophy, and England will be lucky to get to the quarter finals.

“No, I'm not an England fan, though it would be great if England won anything, it would be truly staggering.

"I don't consider myself to be English, my parents are Irish, my wife's Scottish, my children have got some Scottish in them, but at the same time I don't feel a hundred percent Irish either because I was born in England.

"So internationally I don't really support anyone, but if England were playing Scotland tomorrow I would be supporting Scotland.

"If Ireland were playing England, I would be supporting Ireland, same for Wales, but I've been to England matches and it's always a good laugh.

"I don't like Wayne Rooney, most of the United players have coloured my judgement of England down the years, I know it's petty but it's just the way I am."

The die hard Manchester City fan said he feels only Raheem Sterling and Joe Hart deserve any international silverware.

He added: " Joe Hart is a legend and if anyone deserved a medal it would be him, and Raheem Stirling but the rest of them can f*** right off as far as I'm concerned."

The musician is also one of the few in the nation to bemoan Leicester City's potential win of the Premier League.

"I am not interested, if we don't win it it shouldn't be presented to anyone,” Noel said.

"Oh f*** no, of course I wouldn't want United to win anything, between the two, to be honest, I'd rather Tottenham win, I don't know why.

"Saying that it's over, Leicester are going to win it, they won it about four weeks ago, there's no way they'll stop them now.

“The Tottenham lads seem like pretty good lads, you know what I mean? I think they'd be worthy champions, and that Leicester team is going to break up at the end of the season and next season they might get relegated.

"It will be a bit of a flash in the pan you would have thought, that's the way it is.

Source: www.mirror.co.uk

1 comment

Madferit said...

What radio show was this on?