Breaking News

Liam Gallagher On His New Album, Oasis, Kids, Noel And More


How did it feel watching all that footage of you and Noel back in the day?

A few bits were emotional, nothing I can’t handle. I’m glad they got the funny side out of it — a lot of people think we take ourselves seriously. We take our music seriously, but the other side of it can go to hell.

Which bits made you laugh?

All the bits where I was p***ing Noel off, that s*** gives me the giggles. Like when he’s having his Kevin Keegan moments, where he’s really losing his rag and I’m flicking his ear.

Do you think you will ever make it up with your brother?

Who knows? It certainly wouldn’t be for money. I guess it would be nice to put it all to bed for me mam’s sake. I miss hanging out with my brother, I f***ing love him but at the same time he’s treated me like a bit of a c***. We’re having a stand off, but it’s a funny one, we’re not putting in each other’s windows or messing with each other’s tyres, trying to kill each other. He’s like: [puts on whiney voice] ‘He can’t sing.’ ‘F***ing do one, potato’. It’s stupid and it’s childish and we should know better, but we don’t.

Why do you call Noel ‘potato’?

’Cos he looks like one.

What does your average day look like nowadays?

My alarm goes at 5.30am. While I’m not doing anything I still have to have a bit of discipline. Have a coffee about six, put the news on, see what’s going down, then go for a run at half six, come back, chill, see what’s on the menu for the day, hang out with the missus. I don’t do the friends thing.

Do you worry about anything?

When you’ve got kids, you worry, make sure they don’t turn into f***ing lunatics, but then there’s nothing wrong with being a lunatic. I guess, making sure they don’t turn into f***ing squares. That’s the most important thing, isn’t it?

What would be the first sign of them turning into squares?

Listening to Coldplay, listening to Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds… If I ever caught them at one of their gigs there’d be trouble. I’d stop their pocket money or I’d dish out loads of old photos of them with nappies full of s*** and put that on the internet and say, ‘Cop that, dickhead.’ That’ll do it ’cos they think they’re cool now they’re 16, 17.

What’s your solo album going to be like?

God, I don’t know, it’s nowhere near… Good songs, good vocals, rock’n’roll, mate, stuff you won’t have to think too much about. No long guitar solos, no drum solos, no mad wizardy keyboard, just bang in-your-face. It’s good.

Are you proud of Oasis?

Without a doubt, we were the best thing since sliced bread. I loved every minute of it. We did it our way and no one ruined our career except for us, no one called time on us except for us.

Is there a chance you’d get back together?

As long as you’re still breathing there’s always a chance. Obviously I’d like to do it ’cos there’s f*** all else to do. In the meantime a solo record will have to do. I’ve done the Beady Eye thing and that didn’t come off and I thought maybe I’ll just have a break, but I wrote these songs and I thought, what else can I do? This album, if it does well we crack on and do another one. If it doesn’t [laughs] I don’t know what I’ll do. I probably will f*** off forever but we’ll see.

Have you ever had a paranormal experience?

I’ve had a lot of out-of-body experiences. The last one was in Cornwall. I was in this four-poster bed. The next minute I’m above myself looking down on myself. I think I’ve seen things, but maybe that’s because I’ve been drunk or on drugs. I haven’t seen any geezers on horses or any f***ing kids riding tricycles.

What’s been your most rock’n’roll moment lately?

We went to Majorca, about 15 of us, two weeks ago, and came back on a private jet and we were really drunk. I remember getting carried off upside down.

What’s the longest you’ve partied?

About three days, I wouldn’t go past that. I don’t think anyone wants to hear what I say for four f***ing days on the trot. I can’t do that now. I go out for a night now, I’m done in for a couple of days.

Anna Smith

Supersonic is released with a live satellite event on Sunday, on general release on October 7 and on DVD/download from October 31

Source: www.metro.co.uk

No comments