Breaking News

Noel Gallagher On Liam, Robert De Niro, Jack Nicholson, Donald Trump And More


Robert De Niro still doesn’t know who Noel Gallagher is – even after they shared an eight hour lunch date.

The Hollywood legend, 73, and ex-Oasis man enjoyed a bottle of wine – or three – together in the south of France.

But despite being a big music fan, Bob did not make Manchester’s finest an offer he couldn’t refuse.

Noel, 49, revealed: “I sat next to him and I’ve got to say he didn’t have a clue who I was.

“We had this lunch that started at one o’clock in the afternoon... and he left at about eight or nine. He was there for about eight hours.”

Even after their marathon meal break, the Taxi Driver star seemed a little miffed why Noel was famous.

The rocker explained: “As he was leaving, he said, ‘Write down the name of that band again that you were in.’

“If I ever have the pleasure of meeting him again, he’ll just go, ‘I’ve never met this guy’.”

Sounds like the well-oiled Supersonic star was not in a much better state himself.

Noel said: “We’re all huge fans of him and his films and I was bombarding him – stuff like how did you make Raging Bull, how did that come to be in the film and where do you get the inspiration for your parts?

“All that kind of thing – I have no idea what he said!” Even so, fanboy Noel loved his De Niro experience.

Noel, who performed with his band High Flying Birds at Brixton Academy last night, added: “He did the De Niro face when he was slagging off Donald Trump.

“I nearly had a tear in my eye when he was doing it. “The day after I was saying to (my wife) Sara, ‘I think the only thing that could top that would be going on a bender with Jack Nicholson, that’s it really.”

The guitarist recently joined Instagram to share his picture with De Niro.

Now he is considering venturing deeper into the world of social media and getting a Twitter account, as he thinks it would give him an outlet to have a global rant.

It would also offer him a platform to respond to his brother Liam Gallagher’s cheeky tweets, which refer to him as a potato.

Noel said: “Liam sits at home in a rocking chair Googling my name thinking of witty tweets.”

Source: www.dailystar.co.uk

No comments