Breaking News

Liam Gallagher: 'Oasis Did In Three Years What Took The Beatles Eight'


Liam Gallagher: 'Oasis did in three years what took The Beatles eight'

Liam Gallagher has again compared Oasis to The Beatles, saying that the band achieved the same level of success and impact but in a much quicker time.

The former Beady Eye frontman was interviewed in Little White Lies by Mat Whitecross, director of the new Oasis documentary Supersonic.

When Whitecross mentions how Oasis went from being signed to headlining Knebworth in just three years, Gallagher replied: "What we did in three took the Beatles eight. Good, y’know, fuckin’ rightly so. I thought we were the bollocks and I thought we’d be doing that all over the world.

"I thought America would buy it, everyone would buy it… But that my friend is cocaine for you."

When asked why Oasis didn't crack America with as much success as they did the rest of the world, Gallagher replied: "I don’t know man, they like all the razzmatazz don’t they and we weren’t given them any of that. They thought we were vaginas and they didn’t know how to handle us so it was move along boys y’know what I mean.

"But I’m fuckin’ glad about it. We could’ve gone over there and married an American actress and got a house in Malibu and started wearing biker jackets and pointy shoes and all that shit."

Source: www.nme.com

No comments