Breaking News

Liam Gallagher On Noel, Oasis, Jose Mourinho, Richard Ashcroft And More


Oasis legend Liam Gallagher has given fans a rare insight into his career, life and mind during a hilarious Q&A session.

Chatting to Radio X’s Johnny Vaughan in front of an intimate audience at the Etihad Stadium, the home of his beloved Manchester City, Liam was on outspoken top form as he explained why he really isn't a proper Manc and gave his thoughts on United boss Jose Mourinho, the scary clown craze, sounding like John Lennon, his favourite cheese (Cheddar), wearing leopard print Ugg slippers and why Oasis isn't getting back together.

Quaffing Taittinger champagne, he also described two of his most rock and roll moments - doing the loop the loop in a private jet over the Golden Gate Bridge and heckling film star Hugh Grant in front of his ex girlfriend Liz Hurley in Los Angeles.

Seated on a plush brown leather sofa, Burnage's finest was joined by Oasis guitarist Paul ‘Bonehead’ Arthurs for the Q&A in front an audience of just 200 people, in aid of the Make Some Noise campaign for disadvantaged youngsters by Radio X owners Global.

Fans paid £150 to join the Manchester music icon in the aptly named Legends Lounge.

Earlier this month the rocker flew in to Manchester for a premiere in London for a special screening of the documentary film Supersonic.

Here are some of the highlights of the Radio X Q&A:

On Jose Mourinho (who he described as a "little ****")

"He already looks like it's the end of the season."

Brother Noel and why Oasis isn't getting back together.

"For someone who washed his hands of it he's the one banging on about it.

"I'm ready to go but our kid bangs on like I've stabbed his cat or summat. The thing is he wants to be a solo star. The reason why the band isn't back together is because Noel needs to be surrounded by yes men and I ain't one.

"People need to stop asking him when the band is getting back together. He'll get bored so stop asking him."

The scary clown craze.

"I think they're alright man. I don't mind 'em. I like a clown. Some of them put a lot of effort in."

On THAT scene in Supersonic when the band performed badly because of crystal meth.

"I enjoyed myself. That **** happened a lot."

Brotherly love.

"I remember being drunk as a 15-year-old. I came in at 11pm, couldn't find the lights so ****** all over his stereo."

Singing style.

"I sound like John Lennon. I get more power from not holding the microphone."

The longest he has ever stayed up for.

"The 90s"

Favourite footwear.

"I've got Uggs. They're leopard print and they're the best ******* slippers, slippers when you want to get locked out of the door."

On not being a proper Manc

"I wouldn't say I'm a Manc. I've lived in London 20 years. I'm a universal dream."

The best band frontman, apart from himself of course.

"Richard Ashcroft is pretty cool and Ian Brown is fantastic. And Shaun Ryder is mega."

Being banned by Cathay Pacific flights over a row about a scone.

"I woke up and everyone was eating a scone. I didn't have a scone or a pickaxe."

To donate £10 to Global’s Make Some Noise, text NOISE to 70070. Find out more by visiting www.makesomenoise.com or following us on Twitter @makenoise.

Source: www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk

No comments