Breaking News

Peggy Gallagher Gives Fans A Rare Insight Into Liam And Noel's Lives


In a new documentary about Oasis, their mum Peggy lifts the lid on her warring sons and gives fans a rare insight into their lives.

Liam and Noel Gallagher are rock ’n’ roll’s most ­mischievous siblings, whose bitter feud isn’t ending any time soon.

And in a new documentary about Oasis , their mum Peggy lifts the lid on her warring sons, saying: “I’ve spent my life worrying about them.”

She gives fans a rare insight into the rock stars’ lives in new flick titled Supersonic.

Speaking in the film, she says: “I think there was that bit of ­jealously with Liam and Noel. Noel was beautiful as a baby and then Liam comes along – it takes the limelight off you.

“You could tell disagreement was there with them. I was glad they were in a band together. I would not have wanted Liam in a band without Noel.

“But it all happened too quick.”

The documentary charts their rise to superstardom, from their early days growing up on a council estate in Manchester, to their two historic gigs at Knebworth in 1996 in front of 250,000 fans.

Peggy, 73, recalls the day Liam came back with a recording contract. “Of course, I thought ‘this is great’,” she says.

“I never really thought it would go the way it did, though. Liam said: ‘All I want, mum, is to earn a bit of money and get myself some new clothes’. And then it all went haywire.”

She adds: “He used to sit out there in the kitchen and say ‘I’m going to be famous one day’ and you are going to be really proud of me.”

Peggy raised Liam, 44, and Noel, 49, along with their older brother Paul on her own after leaving violent dad Tommy.

And Liam praises her, saying: “Mum is an angel and still is. Not impressed by this rock ’n’ roll business and rightly so. I wanted to make her proud, and get her to stop doing three f***ing jobs. Put her feet up and have some nice things.”

Noel adds: “When I think of those times, she brought us up on her own really. She gave it all up for us.”

Despite being mummy’s boys, the film doesn’t hold back on hellraising antics.

They even recall throwing a whole bedroom out of a hotel window, and ­accidentally taking crystal meth when they thought it was cocaine at a gig in New York.

The film premieres in London and Manchester tomorrow night with Liam attending by helicopter.

We expect the afterparty to be just as raucous as the old days...

Source: www.mirror.co.uk

No comments