Breaking News

Liam Gallagher On Harry Styles, Liam Payne And The Current Crop Of Guitar Bands


The Oasis legend has hit out at young bands today, saying their guitars are merely accessories.

Liam Gallagher has pledged to "counteract the bulls**t" of modern music.

Speaking to Dave Fanning for RTE2FM, the 44-year-old singer  has promised to challenge the "beige dribble" being spoken by younger rock stars and has also accused them  of barely being distinct from pop musicians.

He explained: "I love music as much as anyone. What I see going down  is that I'm just 'leave it out mate, you can do better than that'. I can't tell a guitar band from a pop band these days. They've got  guitars around their necks, but I don't hear guitars.

"You hear all these bands saying that they're coming back to save  guitar music. I might not be the smartest tool in the shed - but I know you've got to put a guitar on a record to save guitar music and I don't hear any guitars.

"They've got guitars around their necks because they go with their shoes!"  The former Oasis singer said he will create some "aggro" for the younger stars, accusing them of being boring and lacking passion.

He also likened modern-day musicians to soccer managers who hide behind cliches, rather than offering honest opinions to their fans.

Liam told Dave Fanning: "That's what I'm back for. Bit of aggro to  counteract the bulls**t. That's what I'm here for and to speak my mind. You read these interviews with so-called rock stars and they  need to get off the fence.

"Nothing interesting ever comes out of their mouths, it's just beige dribble. They're afraid to open their mouths in case their little career falls apart, so they just sit there like those football  managers and say the same thing. Come on, give us a bit of passion."

Meanwhile, Liam Gallagher has hit out at Liam Payne's solo career so far.

The former Oasis man has praised Harry Styles once again, while hinting at a distaste for Payne's chosen musical direction.

“I can spot a fake a mile off and Harry Styles seems like he wants to bring real music and change his direction," Gallagher told The Sun On Sunday.

However, then hinting at Payne - who recently released his debut solo single Strip That Down - he added: “At least he’s not gone rap like the other one. How did that happen? Did they flip a coin and he said, ‘Listen, I’m doing the rap one'".

Meanwhile, Liam Gallagher is preparing to make his first UK festival appearance at Glastonbury this weekend.

Source: www.radiox.co.uk

No comments