Breaking News

Bugzy Malone Gives Oasis Nod In New Video


The Manchester rapper was given permission by Noel Gallagher to use Wonderwall lyrics in his Memory Lane track.

A grime star has borrowed the lyrics from classic Oasis track, Wonderwall, for his Memory Lane video.

Bugzy Malone references the song from his fellow Mancunians in more ways than one, using lyrics from the band's 1995 anthem- with Noel Gallagher's blessing.

In the clip, the rapper - whose real name is Aaron Davis - sings: "Today is gonna be the day that they're gonna throw it back to you/By now you should've somehow realised what you're not to do/I don't believe that anybody/ I don't believe that anybody feels the way I do about you now".

That's not the only nod the MC makes to the original, either, also paying homage by sitting in warehouse and in black and white, and starting the video by turning on a TV set.

As Clash reports,  the MC recalled the moment he was given Noel Gallagher's blessing, revealing: “Two or three days later after spending all of my own money on the video, I get the call: ‘By the way Noel Gallagher said you can use the lyrics.’

"It was massive so we had to change it back, and we had to tweak it to use some of the new video content. It was a case of taking what we had in the first video and making a tribute to the Oasis video so we tied the two together, just so I didn’t end up wasting a load of money. But it worked perfectly, and I just couldn’t believe that he said yes.”


Source: radiox.co.uk

1 comment

Unknown said...

I did not like the song. But I like Noel's consistency in letting him use the subject, since he was always quite liberal in that regard, not to mention of course Oasis also used things from other musicians. <3 Noel