Breaking News

Noel Gallagher Says Touring With U2 Is The Most Fun He's Ever Had


Noel Gallagher is on support duty for U2 at Croke Park tomorrow and the ex-Oasis man has been lording praise on the Irish rockers.

The High Flying Birds frontman has been on the road with U2 for a number of their shows for The Joshua Tree 2017 tour. which is hitting Croke Park this Saturday night.

Noel, 50, visited the iconic Barcelona Stadium ahead of his gig with U2 on Tuesday and let slip that Bono often texts him with updates on  League matches.

Speaking to the FC Barcelona website Noel said: “I was speaking to (Bono) this morning and I was telling him I was coming here and he said, 'Wow, Barcelona.”

Noel added: “I’m not sure he’s affiliated with any particular club.

For instance you wouldn’t think he was a football fan but then on the day that City won the league against QPR (Queen's Park Rangers) I think he was the first person to text me.

“I’m not sure if he’s a football supporter but he’s a football fan for sure.”

The Joshua Tree Tour kicked off in Vancouver in May and will wrap in Sao Paolo in October.

Bono, Larry Mullen Jnr, Adam Clayton and the Edge are set for a mega-show tomorrow which will see more than 80,000 fans descend on GAA HQ.

Next stop is Paris, then across Europe and back to the US.

The jam-packed tour is hectic but Gallagher said being on the road with the Dublin rockers is “absolutely amazing.”

He said: "I've been touring in one form or another for over 25 years and this is the most fun I've ever had."

Heaping praise on the Joshua Tree hitmakers, Noel said the best thing about the tour is he gets to see his favourite band every night.

He explained: “I’m only on stage for an hour, I’m off stage at eight or half, have something to eat, have a drink, watch U2, have two days off.”

Not only does he get to hang with the world’s biggest band he also has his wife and kids in tow.

He continued: "We're playing in all the great cities in Europe. My family are on the road with me [and] my friends. It's been absolutely amazing. [U2] have been absolutely brilliant every night. They're one of my favourite bands ever."

Noel Gallagher and the High Flying Birds will kick off his set at 7pm with U2 expected on stage around 8.30pm.

Doors will open at 5pm and fans are advised to get there in plenty of time as extra security measures will be in place.

Source: www.irishmirror.ie

No comments