Breaking News

Noel Gallagher On Future Material, Oasis, Songwriting, Liam, U2 And More


Noel Gallagher has told Beats 1 he's got 'plenty of material' under his belt - enough for two albums, made in different ways.

"I’ve got a whole backlog of songs, I write all the time so I’ve got plenty of material, I’m going to make another record with David [Holmes, producer of ‘Who Built the Moon?’] in this way but the last one took four years so I’ll probably have to make another one alongside it in the more traditional sense."

"Looking back on it now, I think I’d fallen slightly out of love with songwriting and I encouraged everybody to contribute because we were a band after all".

"To keep writing every 18 months to two years 16-18 songs on your own, it burnt me out. Some good stuff came out of it, it gave Liam a launch as a songwriter and all that which is good for him…And it gave the band a longer shelf life."

"When I first started, I used to do 20 songs and 12 of of them were Oasis songs, and that’s pure necessity. Now it’s down to five. I’m aware of what those songs mean to people.

"I couldn’t do that rock thing now, but they mean the world to me. Those songs got me to where I am now and I wouldn’t be that arrogant as to go out and not perform at least five or six.

Listen to part one of the interview on Beats 1 on Sunday.

No comments