Breaking News

Alberta Cross Talk New Music, Oasis And More












Alberta Cross will be familiar to Oasis fans after supporting the band on their last UK tour. Their slots at Cardiff and Bournemouth went down a storm and gained the band new fans across the board.

On 3rd September, the group release their new album Songs of Patience which will be preceded with a new single Magnolia on 7" and download from 30th July.



The band were kind enough to answer some questions on new music, Oasis and everything in between!

Where are you guys from?

I grew up in Walthamstow in North East London, and Petter is from Uppsala, which is just outside of Stockholm in Sweden.

How did you first get into music?

There was always music playing in my house when I was growing up. Both my parents are big fans, and I also have two older sisters whose life pretty much revolved around music. I've loved it for as long as I can remember.

Who's in the band? and how did you meet up?

The band is Petter and me. We met in a bar in Shoreditch (East London) - my friends were running it, so I pretty much lived there. My mate introduced me to Petter, as the band he had at the time was looking for a bass player. I was in that band for a few months before we started Alberta Cross.

You have spent a lot of time playing and recording in different countries, where do you consider home and which place has had the biggest influence on you?

It's strange you know, I feel that both London and New York are home. When I get back to London, though, I feel like that's where I belong.

I would say that growing up in London has had the biggest influence on me. I love touring all over and seeing so many beautiful and inspiring places, but I grew up at a time when there was so much amazing British music coming out that it was a very inspiring place to be.

What style of music best describes what you do?

This is always one of the hardest questions I get asked. I always think other people have a better idea than I do, as I never really think about it. It's such a mish mash of so many different styles that it's hard to slot it into one category.

What are the bands plans for the rest of the year?

We are currently halfway through a tour of the US and about to head to Europe to do a bunch of festivals including Reading and Leeds in England. After that, we'll come back over here and do a tour in Canada.























What bands are you listening to at the moment? Any tips for readers of Stop Crying Your Heart Out?

We are currently touring with a band called Everest. They are pretty amazing and are a really top bunch of lads. They have a new record out called Ownerless that I strongly suggest checking out.

Also, a band called Dead Confederate. Fantastic band that we have toured with both in the UK and US. I love everything they have done and they are amazing live.



How did the support slots with Oasis come about?

The A&R rep at our label in the UK is a friend of Noel's and gave him a copy of our first EP (The Thief and the Heartbreaker). Noel got back a couple of weeks later saying it was one of the best records he had heard for a while and that he would love us to join them for a few of their arena dates.

Did you enjoy the gigs with Oasis?

It was class!! I think we felt very privileged to be opening for them. They were great blokes and really made us feel welcome. The fans would take a couple of songs to warm in to us, but by the end of the set we were getting a great reaction from them.



Were you fans of Oasis? If so when did you first hear of them?

I have pretty much really liked them since I saw them play Ilford Island back in June 1994. Every club I was going to and every radio station I was listening to was playing Supersonic from the moment it came out. It was very clear they were gonna be a great band to see live and that they were. The gig was wicked!

Finally what are your favourite Oasis tracks and why?

It's very hard to say, as there are so many great songs, but I'm a big fan of the early stuff since it reminds me of a very exciting period of growing up in London. Songs like, Live Forever, Slide Away, Some Might Say and Champagne Supernova are a few of my faves.

Songs of Patience track listing:
01. Magnolia
02. Create Of Gold
03. Lay Down
04. Come on Maker
05. Wasteland
06. Ophelia On My Mind
07. I Believe In Everything
08. Money For The Weekend
09. Life Without Warning
10. Bonfires

For more details on the band please visit www.albertacross.net

I would like to say thanks to Terry for taking the time to answer some questions.

Details of an exclusive strictly limited 'Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds' CD or vinyl singles collectors box can be found here.

No comments