Breaking News

Chill Out With Caine




















With two Oscars and more than 100 movies under his belt, Sir Michael Caine can surely lay claim to the title of Britain’s greatest film star. Since his big break in 1964’s Zulu, he’s appeared in a string of classic movies, including Alfie, The Italian Job, Get Carter and Batman Begins.

But now the 74-year-old star is trying something very different indeed by releasing Cained, a compilation CD of his favourite chill-out tracks. Here, Sir Michael speaks exclusively to The Ticket about his passion for music.

Is it just chill-out music you listen to these days?
I buy it the whole time, but I’ll also buy pop music – silly things like Usher, Beyoncé and David Gray. Weird stuff. I like Oasis, I think they’re great. They owe a little bit to The Beatles, I feel. I like Razorlight and Robbie Williams. I know him, too. He lives upstairs from me in Chelsea Harbour.

Aside from Elton John, you’ve been friends with a lot of musicians.
Yes. I always remember my first meeting with John Lennon. We met up in Cannes when we were getting through this day of press conferences, me for The Ipcress File while I think he was probably doing A Hard Day’s Night. We introduced ourselves to people as John Lemon and Maurice Micklewhite, which is my real name. We got very p****d and behaved very, very badly.

So no plans to retire just yet?
My theory is that you don’t retire, the movie business retires you. Suddenly there’s no money and crap scripts. At some point it will happen to me. But, of course, I now have my music career to fall back on! [Laughs].

Click here to read the full interview.

Source: www.mirror.co.uk

Click here to vote for us at the BT Music Awards

No comments