Breaking News

Liam Gallagher: The Oasis vs Blur Fued Is Over
















Singer says he now 'buzzes off' Damon Albarn

Liam Gallagher has called an end to his feud with Britpop rivals Blur.

His band Oasis and the London group were arch rivals in the 1990s, with it all coming to a head when both bands released a single on the same day in 1995 - Blur's 'Country House' beat Oasis' 'Roll With it' following a massive war of words between the two bands.

Now the Oasis frontman says he's not only over the rivalry, but actually likes Blur frontman Damon Albarn.

"I don't mind Blur," Gallagher told Mojo. "I'm over it [the rivalry]. It was a laugh man, that's what you do when you're young."

He added: "When I see Damon Albarn, I buzz off him. If I was still caught up in it now I'd be a right wanker."

The singer's comments follow those of guitarist Noel Gallagher, who told NME.COM earlier this year that he respects his rivals as musicians.

"You know Damon, bless him, I've got a lot of respect for him. This never comes across in interviews, but I really do mean it," Noel said. "Because I'm indifferent to Damon, he thinks that I think he's a cunt. Our Liam will talk to him. I won't because he's just another singer in a band to me, but I don't think he's a cunt. Good luck to him."

Blur, meanwhile, are set to consider reuniting for a new record next week. Bassist Alex James has said all four members will have lunch together to discuss working again following guitarist Graham Coxon's departure from the band in 2002.

Source: www.nme.com

Click here to vote for us at the BT Music Awards

No comments