Breaking News

Noel Gallagher Writes For The 'Average Man'














Noel Gallagher has claimed he is an ''average man'' and insisted he writes for like-minded people rather than for the music press.

Noel Gallagher makes music for the ''average man''.

The 'Don't Look Back In Anger' hitmaker described himself as an ordinary man who happens to have ''been blessed with a talent to write songs'' and slated the idea of making music for the approval of the press.

He told the Mail on Sunday newspaper's Event magazine: ''I once said that I wrote songs 'for the man who buys the Daily Mail and 20 Bensons [cigarettes] every day'.

''And I meant that at the time. I'd consider myself to be just an average man in the street who's been blessed with a talent to write songs.

''I don't write songs for The Observer or The Guardian, or for the NME or Mojo. I'm not bothered about pushing the envelope.

''I wanted everyone to like Oasis, not just some people in Oxford, a few people in Hull and a couple of people in Glasgow.''

The singer also admitted he prefers to let his songs come naturally rather than sitting around ''looking for'' inspiration.

He added: ''I learned long ago not to go looking for songs. If it comes, it comes. If it doesn't, it doesn't.

''I'm not standing on the runway waiting for the aliens to appear going, 'Come on'. It just never happens, does it?''

Source: contactmusic.com

No comments